If you run a business that relies on the use of multiple vehicles then you want to go about insuring them in the right way. Whether you run a taxi firm, haulage business, courier or any other type of business that makes use of several different vehicles – you’ll need to make sure they are properly insured for all risks.
If you’re currently insuring your vehicles on separate policies then you are missing out on the benefits of insuring them as a fleet. Fleet insurance is specially designed for businesses and individuals that have multiple vehicles that need to be insured.
Whether you have less than a dozen vehicles, or a large fleet – fleet insurance provides some unique benefits that you should be aware of.
The benefits of fleet insurance
- Save time – One of the big benefits of insuring your vehicles as a fleet is that it helps save a lot of time compared to getting individual quotes. Another great thing about fleet insurance is that you can easily add any new vehicles that come into your possession onto the policy as and when you need.
- Save money – Saving money is one of the biggest reasons to get a fleet insurance policy. When you insure your vehicles together you can usually save a significant amount of money. Insurance providers will take several factors into account when calculating the cost of a policy, including the number of vehicles being insured, the value of the vehicles and the driving history and experience of the drivers.
- Insure different types of vehicles – Another significant benefit of fleet insurance is that you’re able to insure different types of vehicles together on the same policy. For example, if you have a mix of cars and vans that need to be insured then this is not a problem.
Keeping costs down
Below are some of the best ways to keep the cost of a multi vehicle insurance policy to a minimum.
- Make vehicles secure – Making your vehicles secure is always important when you want to keep the cost of insurance down. Securing your vehicles reduces the chance of theft and vandalism and therefore means you’re less likely to make a claim. As a result the price you’re quoted by insurance providers will be significantly lower.
- Hire selectively – Being selective with the drivers you hire is extremely important when it comes